Friday, March 12, 2010

hmmm

Well I guess I had an off week because I only lost .2. I am happy for a loss and it brings me one step closer to my goal, but Im not going to lie and say that Im not disapointed because I am. I was on a good losing streak of about .8 a week so I was excited to see 151 today but NOPE. Guess not. If I felt that there was something I could have done differently, it would be one thing. But everything was on target; nothing was different about this week. The only thing I can think of is that TOM is about a week away and I guess when I think about it, I am a bit bloated. But I could just be making excuses so who knows. There was a week back in Jan where I gained around this time and then beginning of Feb I stayed the same for 2 weeks, so Im hoping this is just one of those weeks and next week or the week after, I will be right where I want to be. A teeny tiny part of my mind is whispering that I couldnt keep on a roll for that long and that this always happens right before you reach a goal. I am trying to tell that voice to shut up.

No major thoughts of the week - nothing much happened. I did have a great NSV last weekend when my fiance said that he could really tell that I have lost weight and inches and that I look "really skinny". well I wouldnt say I look "really skinny" but I was happy for the compliment and glad that my accomplishment so far is noticeable. I was riding high after that, but after this weighin, I guess it puts me in a bit of an unhappy mood that Ill have to snap out if. Ive been through this before and its not all about the scale. I can actually say too that once I do reach 150, I am not going to try and lose any more weight. If it happens thats great, if it doesnt, I think I am fine actually where I am at. It seems ridiculous that 8 pounds makes that much of a difference, but apparently it does because I am happier at this weight than I was 8 pounds ago. Some of that is inches lost too because that has made the biggest difference. But I think for once I am ready to give this a rest and just let nature take its course.

3 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I know how you feel. It took me months to lose my last 5 pounds. Since I was happy at any weight in that range, it didn't bug me that much. But there were some weeks... :)

Have a great weekend!

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

At your relatively small size, 8 pounds makes a big difference, so it's understandable why you are enjoying this loss.

Tell that voice to shut up! You will get to 150. You are sooooo close.

purple_moonflower said...

.2 is great! You will make it to 150! You will! Just think that every ounce lost is an ounce gone from your body! You are doing awesome!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket