Friday, March 12, 2010

hmmm

Well I guess I had an off week because I only lost .2. I am happy for a loss and it brings me one step closer to my goal, but Im not going to lie and say that Im not disapointed because I am. I was on a good losing streak of about .8 a week so I was excited to see 151 today but NOPE. Guess not. If I felt that there was something I could have done differently, it would be one thing. But everything was on target; nothing was different about this week. The only thing I can think of is that TOM is about a week away and I guess when I think about it, I am a bit bloated. But I could just be making excuses so who knows. There was a week back in Jan where I gained around this time and then beginning of Feb I stayed the same for 2 weeks, so Im hoping this is just one of those weeks and next week or the week after, I will be right where I want to be. A teeny tiny part of my mind is whispering that I couldnt keep on a roll for that long and that this always happens right before you reach a goal. I am trying to tell that voice to shut up.

No major thoughts of the week - nothing much happened. I did have a great NSV last weekend when my fiance said that he could really tell that I have lost weight and inches and that I look "really skinny". well I wouldnt say I look "really skinny" but I was happy for the compliment and glad that my accomplishment so far is noticeable. I was riding high after that, but after this weighin, I guess it puts me in a bit of an unhappy mood that Ill have to snap out if. Ive been through this before and its not all about the scale. I can actually say too that once I do reach 150, I am not going to try and lose any more weight. If it happens thats great, if it doesnt, I think I am fine actually where I am at. It seems ridiculous that 8 pounds makes that much of a difference, but apparently it does because I am happier at this weight than I was 8 pounds ago. Some of that is inches lost too because that has made the biggest difference. But I think for once I am ready to give this a rest and just let nature take its course.

3 comments:

Cammy said...

I know how you feel. It took me months to lose my last 5 pounds. Since I was happy at any weight in that range, it didn't bug me that much. But there were some weeks... :)

Have a great weekend!

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

At your relatively small size, 8 pounds makes a big difference, so it's understandable why you are enjoying this loss.

Tell that voice to shut up! You will get to 150. You are sooooo close.

purple_moonflower123 said...

.2 is great! You will make it to 150! You will! Just think that every ounce lost is an ounce gone from your body! You are doing awesome!