Made a fantastic recipe for dinner tonight that I thought I would share. Very light and mediteranean-like with a lot of flavor.
Chicken Pasta with Roasted Pine Nuts and Goat Cheese:
Number of Servings: 3
1 Cup (uncooked) Whole Wheat Rotini
1 Medium Tomato Chopped
1 Cup Chopped Watercress
2 Green Onion
2 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Chicken Breast (about 10 oz)
1 oz goat cheese
3 Tablespoons Roasted Pine Nuts
Crushed Red Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. First Chop your tomato, watercress, and green onions. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta as directed on package, drain and set aside.
3. Slice chicken into small thin pieces. Spray large nonstick skillet with spray olive oil or Pam. Heat pan on med high and then throw Chicken in when it is hot. Season chicken with crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Cook chicken until cooked through completely and it starts to brown. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
4. Add 2 tsp of olive oil to pan and add the green onion, cook until fragrant, reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, cooked chicken and pasta, heat until warm.
5. Remove pasta mixture from heat and toss in watercress, goat cheese (crumbled), and top with roasted Pine Nuts.
I didnt use the olive oil and just used the pam and it tasted just fine to me. I was worried that this wouldnt have enough flavor, but wow! The green onions and goat cheese gave it so much flavor. It was very different and very delicious. The nuts are a great source of good fat, and the other ingredients are just as healthy. If anyone is worried about the goat cheese since it is a more fatty cheese, I bet feta would taste just as good.
Too bad I only made 1 serv because now I want leftovers!