I think we often focus so much on what is wrong with ourselves. Token Fat Girl posted an entry where she talks about what she liked about herself. This inspired me because I think lately, I need to tell myself something positive. So self, this is what I like about you:
1. You have great hair! A lot of people are jealous of your shampoo commerical worthy hair. Its long, thick, and curly (although it does take a loooong time to blowdry).
2. You are smart. You acheived honors in college, put yourself through grad school, and you are appreciate for this knowledge.
3. Along with this, you are so very skilled in writing and grammar. Yes, on this blog you often write in a stream of consciousness and people wouldnt know it, but others come to you for help when writing proposals and papers because you understand the power of words.
4. You are independent. You moved out on your own at 21. You became completely financially independent at 23. You live in your own apartment, just bought a new car. You put yourself through grad school (with yes, some help from the good old government).
5. You allow yourself to love and be loved. You have been in a relationship with someone for 8 years!
6. You are forgiving.
7. You have your own style. You dont wear whatever everyone else is, you wear what you like, which is usually pretty fashion forward.
8. Your skin. You have strangers that come up to you and tell you how beautiful your skin is. And you smile (because you do absolutely nothing other than use soap and water to make it that way).
9. You have absolutely perfect white teeth. Yes, you went through a lot to get them that way, but they are beautiful!
10. You are driven. Whatever you put your mind to, you do it. You got through grad school, you got through a hard financial time, you have gotten through an 8 yr relationship, you are battling your weight and winning. Slowly, but you are winning.