Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Food for Thought

Well Chubby Chick asked us what we eat, fav meals and snacks, etc. so I thought I would post on that.

Breakfast: Usually for breakfast I have a starch, protein, and fruit. So it may be oatmeal and a banana. Eggs, 1/2 english muffin with sugar free jelly, and strawberries. This week I have been doing the meal replacement shakes which I love and are fast when I am running around in the morning.

Mid AM: This is when I have my 2 cups of coffee and usually do 2 condiments: a creamer in each cup. Then I split the 3 allotted splendas between the coffee. I usually eat a Lite at this time as well (which is like a protein bar).

Lunch: Usually I do 1 fruit, 1-2 veggies, 1 protein, 1 starch, dairy or some combination of these. Sometimes I will eat an apple, carrots, sugar free jello and some string cheese or yogurt if I do a dairy. other times I will have 1 slice of whole wheat bread with turkey or maybe some tuna. Today I had egg salad which also got in my fat since I had lite mayo added.

Mid PM: Usually have another Lite and catch up on my water. I try to have at least 4 glasses by this pt in the day, if not more.

Dinner: Also varies but usually is a protein, a starch, 1-2 vegetables, a dairy, sometimes a fat. Tonight I made chicken with salsa in the crockpot (an old WW fav) and then a slice of pepperjack cheese on top, and 2 serv of broccoli. Usually my veggies are broccoli, steamed carrots, cauliflower, or brussel sprouts. I make chicken pitas a lot with feta cheese. I make tuna melts. Whole wheat pasta with no salt added tomato sauce and chicken. I like stuffed chicken recipes (see my Recipe Section), and the Turkey Bake thats in there as well. Sometimes if I get home late I will resort to a lean cuisine, but I usually try to limit these to once a week.

Evening: Usually I have 1 fruit left so I will have a sugar free fruit bar, some raisens, or strawberries. If I have a fat, I will have some nuts or seeds (usually with the raisens then for a trail mix of a sort).

So thats what I typically eat!

No comments:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket