Friday, April 16, 2010

Doing Fine

Down .4 this week to a flat 159, so I guess I am doing just fine. I have been really bloated and TOM is on its way so any loss this week is welcome. It feels good to be at goal and not have any pressure anymore to get somewhere. Im happy where Im at and Im glad I have been able to just hang in there and do my thing.

I am at the point now where I am pulling out my spring/summer clothes and finding that a lot of things are too big. Not a bad thing, but an expensive thing and not an expense I need right now when I am paying for all this wedding stuff. I was frustrated last weekend when it was nice out and I put on a short sleeved cardigan from J Crew that I love (and was not cheap last year), and it just hung on me and gave me no shape. Thats the good and bad of losing weight - good because you are healthier and can wear a smaller size. Bad because none of your clothes fit. I am down to 2 pairs of jeans that fit me, the rest are all huge. Yes its a great thing but agan, definitely is expensive and I just dont have the money for a new wardrobe. Plus its annoying to be wearing the same jeans all the time and then having to wash them constantly. Maybe I need to contact What Not to Wear since sometimes they pick people who have lost weight and need new wardobes as opposed to those who just have bad clothes. I could really use the $5,000 (plus I love Stacey and Clinton). Probably not going to happen, but it would certainly be nice.

4 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Awesome!

I went through 8 sizes of pants, so I'd have been sunk without thrift stores and consignments shops. I was able to find Ann Taylor and GAP jeans at less than $5/pair. No real luck on tops, but I saved a bundle not having to buy new jeans. :)

Even so, it's a welcome problem to have.

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

You have done so well! Definitely check out the thrift stores if finances are tight. Tons of jeans, pants, and capris, many new or barely worn. Lots of polo shirts, too.

Anonymous said...

heather, so proud of you. and i've often wished for WNTW to come to my own home : ) for that pretty cardigan, could you use a belt to cinch it closer to you?

MB said...

Congrats. I'm so happy for you. Getting to your goal didn't happen overnight but you stuck to it. You should be so proud of yourself.

I think I have a few size 8 (maybe 6) pants/jeans with tags still on them. Let me know if they'll fit I'll send them to you. I'm trying to get rid of all the clothes that don't fit me now so you're welcome to take them before I ship them off to goodwill.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket