Monday, February 16, 2009

2 Pounds

2 Pounds - thats what a steak, 2 glasses of wine, and dessert will get you. Im not thrilled, but it could be so much worse. Ive been keeping up with my exercise and drinking water, so I know once that steak works its way through my system, I will be back down again. Sometimes its just hard to see when you go out and enjoy yourself, and cant let it just be that. It always has to come with some type of price.

In other news, I read an interesting article in Glamour magazine. It basically said that just by sleeping 7.5 hours a night alone, you can lose weight. There were some women who tried this out and didnt do anything differently with exercise and diet - just slept more. It was interesting to read, though I dont know how credible it is. It makes me wonder a lot of things because I am lucky to get 6.5 hours a night, and to get 7.5 would mean I would have to go to bed at 930 which is hard when sometimes I dont get home and eat dinner until 8. Still, Im wondering if I should give it a shot. Not necessarily just to help lose weight, but also because I am curious what other good benefits it would have. I have no doubt I am sleep deprived, so if I can reap in some benefits, including weight loss, then why not give it a shot? We will see.

http://www.glamour.com/magazine/2009/02/lose-weight-while-you-sleep

6 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I don't know if there's any medical validity to it, but I do know that when I started focusing on proper sleep, I had more energy for exercise and a better outlook, in general. For what that's worth...

Anonymous said...

Meat, especially steak/beef can take up to 7 days to clear our body. That I know from my own personal experience and I have an article about somewhere on my blog from a year ago!

carla said...

Im a FIRM BELIEVE in the weight/sleep connection.

Ive been getting little sleep around here (Toddler) and well, you can do the proverbial math :)

Jenn G said...

I totally hear you on the temporary weight gain thing. It's hard when you are actively trying to lose weight (rather than maintain) and you see those blips. But then, who wants to give up the nice events in life just so that you never see a gain on the scale? Those 2 pounds are temporary, and you'll very soon be back where you were before. :)

Diana Swallow said...

Oh sleep glorious sleep, how I remember thee fondly....

and yes steak takes a while to work its way out, a few days of fiber, chicken and fish and you can kiss those two pounds goodbye!

Diana Swallow said...

Oh sleep glorious sleep, how I remember thee fondly....

and yes steak takes a while to work its way out, a few days of fiber, chicken and fish and you can kiss those two pounds goodbye!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket