Well I think just about everyone I read has done this, but I figured it was time I do it as well. I think the list is amazing and its about time I tell myself something positive. So here goes!
1. What do you absolutely love about your body? I love the fact that my body is changing. That I have been able to make it change through hard work. Specifically, I love my hair, my eyes, and my skin.
2. When did you surprise yourself with your physical strength? I think the first time I was ever surprised was a few summers ago when I visited my parents in PA. We decided to do a bike ride in one of the state parks. My sister also went along (who has an eating disorder). We did the bike ride, which was one of the hilliest rides I have ever done! PA is full of hills anyways but this was intense. We did about 6 miles that day. However, it didnt even phase me. I loved pumping my legs up and down these hills in the most beautiful scenery I had ever seen. Then to feel the accomplishment of what I had done, and then to see my sister struggling a mile behind us. It made me realize how you can be overweight and healthy! Not completely underweight and struggling for breath and barely avoiding a heart attack.
3. When were you braver than you ever thought you could be? I was brave when I went out on my own at 22. My parents were leaving for PA and I had 2 weeks to find a place to live, a car, and a job. Somehow I made it work, but I was completely scared! I was also brave when I decided to go to grad school. I had no idea if I could make it through, but I took a chance, and now I will never regret my decision.
4. When did your self-control blow you away? Honestly, my self control blows me away all the time. Between cookies and brownies at work, to parties at friends/relatives' houses, I have found that I can enjoy myself and not eat. The biggest example of this was when I went to a jewelry party a few months back and sat right NEXT to the table containing all of this delicious food (and not a healthy thing on there). I was able to sit there and not have a bite of anything.
5. What is your proudest moment ever? My proudest moment ever was graduating with my Master's degree. I knew that i had become part of a "select" number of people who go on after college to attain that degree. I had pushed myself and had succeded.
6. When was the last time you felt absolutely beautiful? I felt absolutely physically beautiful on New Years Eve. While I wasnt really all that dressed up, i felt great about myself and how I looked. And honestly, before I even started trying to lose weight, the last time I would have told you I looked beautiful was a looong time ago. The last time I have felt beautiful inside was when I helped someone at work who was on a deadline and really needed my help and expertise (despite having my own work to do)! She came by my desk and wrote me a thank you note and it made me feel really great that no only could I help someone who needed it, but that they appreciated the gesture as well.
7. Why do you deserve to meet your goals? Because I have worked hard! God I have worked hard for this. No matter what the situation or what the scale has said, I have just kept on going, and pushing forward. I was able to completely change my life from what it was to something healthy. Also, because for so long, I put others before myself. Eventually I neglected to take care of myself and its about time that I start thinking about myself and putting myself first!