Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Maximize Your Mind

Its kind of interesting that after the post I wrote below, I found an article in Marie Claire from last month that just reiterated what I was describing. I thought I would post the part that spoke to me here:

Maximize Your Mind:

1. Its your choice, so make it a great one: The key to getting the body you want is recognizing that everything in life is a choice. While some choices are made unconsciously, the only way to get what you dream of is to master the art of conscious choice-making. By deliberately choosing every step you take, you will feel more confident, excited, and focused on the discipline you need to achieve your goals. It comes to 2 simple but critical questions
What are the consequences of the choice I am making?
Will this choice bring me closer to my goals?

2. Know that there will never be a stress-free time in your life: So you need to stop using stress as an excuse for not moving toward your goals.

3. Practice Pragmatic Moderation: Make health decisions you can live with forever. That means finding a middle ground between self-denial and self-indulgence - and having an occasional piece of cake.

4. Let go of the Past: It doesnt matter what kids called you in high school or what nasty thing someone said to you last week - that is no longer relevant. Move forward from here on out.

8 comments:

Susie said...

You have such great self control and willpower...pass some to me , please. Congrats on the loss. You are so close to your goal..Well done!

Hanlie said...

Very true!

Diana Swallow said...

Excellent post! I use the stressmonster too often. I'm trying to fill my house with motivational mantras to make myself think before I act.

thank you for sharing this

Grumpy Chair said...

Great information. When I come across good posts like this, I always print it off and put away in a notebook, so when I'm not feeling "all that" and the power of mindless eating is to strong, I pull out my notebook for motivation.

pointing the weigh said...

Good post.

I always think ahead, weigh it all up, the pro's and con's. it is safer I feel. Best to be safe than sorry although sometimes we make the wrong desicions but it is what makes our lives and we learn from those mistakes.....hopefully

We all need a level of stress, it is supposed to be good for us although too much, too often can be very harming.

A little bit of what you fancy does you good.

Yeah move forward but I feel it is the things from the past that has made us the way we are...good and bad. We still got to put the bad behind us!

Thanks for that post....BRILL!!

Enjoy your day/evening
Hugs xx

Carleen said...

so true- much appreciated for posting!!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Excellent article! Thanks so much for sharing it. I've dutifully noted them in my go-everywhere-with-me notebook.

Miss Patti said...

very true. Thanks for sharing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket