So here is a great recipe I tried the other night (sorry no pics) that I wanted to post because it is delicious!
Spinach and Feta stuffed Chicken (makes 1 serving)
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup chopped spinach, well drained
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 oz reduced fat feta cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. use meat mallet to pound chicken until 1/4 inch thick (this is fun!)
2. Combine spinach, feta, and half of the garlic, mix well
3. Place chicken on foil that has been coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with black pepper
4. Place spinach mixture in middle of chicken and roll up chicken
5. Top chicken with remaining garlic
6. Roll chicken in foil to keep it together, place in fridge for 1 hr to set
7. Preheat at 375, place chicken in foil package on backing sheet and bake for 20 min
8. Cut open top of foil and place back in oven for 5 min to brown top of chicken and garlic
So it turned out pretty good. However either the temp should be higher or it just needs to cook longer because it really needed to cook for about an hr after I was done with it, and it still didnt seem cooked enough. I think next time I will avoid the foil and use toothpicks to hold it together, and cook it in a dish instead.
I also made the foil packages the night before, rather than waiting for an hr when I got home from work to make it. So I think that works out pretty good. Kevin enjoyed it as well, and we had some sugar free ice cream for dessert. Definitely would make it again with the above mentioned variations.
For those doing PWL, it counts as 1 protein and half a dairy