Thursday, September 27, 2007

Looking Great in 2008 Challenge

I did not post yesterday and I wasnt home, but I still left my numbers on the Tales from the Scales Blog. I was down 1.6 for the week making me at a total of 12.4 pounds lost!!! Hooray for me!

The week overall was a good week for me. I had a hard time last weekend as I wanted so badly to fall into some of my old habits, like comfort eating. This week I have been really proud of myself. Usually every week I am up some days and down other days, but this week I have been down every time I have weighed in at the center and that is a rare occaison.

This week was also the first week I really noticed a difference in how my body is changing. We had to wear business casual clothes so I pulled out my nice black suit pants in 2 different sizes. The bigger size used to fit me ok and the smaller size very snugly. I put the larger pair on and they were huge on me! I was glad to see that I can wear some of my old clothes again. My weight has fluctuated so much in the last few years so I have clothes in many different sizes and I like that the ones I have had to put away I can bring out now and see how I look in them. The only down side to this is that the counselors at the center keep asking how I feel about how I look now. The reality is, over a year ago I weighed about 15 pounds less than this, and several years ago I weighed like 40 pounds less than this! So to me, I dont feel "thin" yet, but I know I will get there and when I do, it will definitely be worth it!

2 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats on the weight loss! And congrats on the larger pants being too big! Woo hoo!!!

Teale said...

Don't you LOVE when you can jump down to the next size?! Woo hoo!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket