Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another successful lunch

I guess I was able to have another successful lunch out yesterday because I am down .4 today. Sure I was hoping for more, but 157 isnt so bad at all.

So yesterday I got a salad with dressing on the side (which I actually never used), and it was great! It had baby greens, pears, almonds, goat cheese, dried cranberries, and chicken. It was of course an obscene helping and I only had about a 1/3rd of what was there, but it was delicious and full of all my favorite healthy things. I got a good serving of veggies, fruits, protein, dairy, and fat. AND I didnt even eat the breadstick either.

I think the more I eat out, the more confident I feel that I can make healthy choices, enjoy them, and lose weight. Previously I used to go to this place and get a half pizza and half salad. The salad would have had bacon and other unhealthy things in it. The salad I ended up getting was phenomenal and if I had never decided to become a healthier person, I probably would have missed out on something so delicious.

I also wanted to just post quickly to say that I thought Biggest Loser was great last night. I was so sad that Filipe went home instead of the finals, but I do think that a lot of contestants this season have really been able to change and keep those changes and incorporate them into their lives when they are back home. It has seemed less game (except Ron), and more actual changes. Perhaps thats why I have enjoyed this season more than some others - I really feel that a lot of the contestants have valued this experience more than just losing weight and have a full awareness that when they go home, it will be tough. Great epsiode though, and I liked when they showed them what they looked like before and then after. What differences! Sometimes you need to see that to really know how far you have come. I think the majority of them dont need to lose any more weight because they look so great already.

5 comments:

MB said...

That salad sounds delicious. I'll have to try to recreate it myself.

I loved the Biggest Loser last night too. It is so inspiring to see what they have done in only a few months. This season is so much better than last season with all the back stabbing game players. I can't wait for the finale.

Hope you're having a good week. I had to go for a very long walk today at lunch and walk up my frustrations so I didn't blow up and quit. At least I got some exercise in during the day so that was good.

Have a good night.

Chubby Chick said...

Yay for a great lunch! I think I'm going to have to make that salad myself and try it! Thanks for sharing what was in it. It really sounds healthy and fantastic.

I'm enjoying this season of BL more than a lot of others, too. It seems like the people are just nicer to one another. Last season... everybody was ready to tear each other's heads off... and I can't stand to see that.

Ceres said...

Way to go!! I always find these are the hardest times to keep track of what you're eating, so good job having that salad and enjoying it!! I could totally take a page out of your book :-)

new*me said...

You have come far when you can eat out and let the menu fit your healthy lifestyle.

Way to go :)

Jenn G said...

That salad sounds delish, I love a good multi ingredient salad. :)

You're doing so well! I know it can sometimes be frustrating to get stuck at a higher weight than you would like to be (look at me, I spent 6 years there) but sometimes we have to look at where we are and where we've come from. A restaurant meal that you can feel good about is a great measure of how far you've moved on your health journey!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket