Friday, March 20, 2009

Glad

All I can say is, Im glad its friday. It was a rough week. Today was the icing on the cake, but Im home now and can start my weekend.

The good news is Im down 1.8 from Monday. The bad is that I am still up from where I was last week by .8. Im going to put that blame on TOM and leave it at that. Although, I must point out that it seems that each week of the month, my weight increasingly goes up. For example, week 1 I was at 156.6. Week 2 was at 157.2, and now week 3 will be 158. That is not a good trend to have, and I really have no idea why that seems to be happening. I will have to look into this.

I did have a good moment this week on Tuesday. Tuesday was our monthly lunch out at work, and the place was Culvers. For anyone not living in the midwest, Culvers is fast food - nicer fast food than mcdonalds, but fast food. I was nervous going into the lunch because what I would have used to get there in the past would be a bacon cheeseburger basket with fries. Then I would top if off with an m&m concrete mixer (like a Dairy Queen blizzard). Now of course that was the old me, so I figured that a salad would be the best option. The good thing about culvers is that the nutritional info is posted on line and you can see every ingredient that goes into a meal. I was so disapointed to find that even their salads were really unhealthy and the portions were larger. They ahd a side salad that was the lowest in calories and a better portion, but it didnt have chicken in it. So heres what I did: I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich without the bun, and then upgraded fries to the side salad. Then I cut up the grilled chicken and put it into the salad. Tada! It was fantastic and healthy. Im not going to lie - I was still tempted while there seeing all the things I would have used to eat. It was hard too when my tray had a picture of the very concrete mixer I used to covet. Then I found out that it was buy 1 get 1 free day so several coworkers were asking if I wanted the free one. But I turned it down and still enjoyed my meal. It felt good to go out and do something healthy, even if it took a bit of brain power just to figure out how I was going to make that happen. Sometimes it would be nice to be like my coworkers and go out without thinking about exactly what I would eat, but at least Im a lot healthier and even though my weight isnt exactly where I want it to be, I know that Im doing everything that I can.

7 comments:

Tony said...

Sounds like a great victory to me :).

Lee said...

WTG!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

We can do anything if we just put a little thought and effort into it! Way to go!

Two things I'm truly thankful for are (1) that I never developed a taste for bacon burgers, and (2) that I've never thought of a milkshake or like product as a beverage. My journey would have been a LOT longer if I had. :)

Have a great weekend. Take some time to rest and relax!

Grace said...

There really is no such thing as a "free" concrete mixer...you probably would have been paying for it later..at your weigh in. Good for your for refusing what must have been a big temptation.

new*me said...

even those who don't need to lose, are doing a great disservice to their body by eating crap........especially for those who eat like that all the time. (Everything in moderation) Remember, you can be thin and unhealthy ;) I'd be willing to bet you are a heck of a lot healthier than your "thinner" friends who eat crap on a regular basis :)

purple_moonflower said...

That's great that you didn't give into temptation like that. Saying no in a social setting is very hard sometimes.

I also wanted to let you know I have something over at my blog for you. :-)

American Homemaker said...

Holy will power! Good job!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket