Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cheesy Stuffed Shells

Although I have absolutely no Italian in me, I love a good Italian Dish. I think this one is really good and pretty healthy.












Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 52 min
Makes: 5 servings

Ingredients:
1 container (16 oz.) Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 cup Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
20 jumbo pasta shells, cooked, drained (I use whole wheat shells)
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce (low sodium or no salt added kind is what I use)
1 large tomato, chopped

1. Heat oven to 400°F. Mix cottage cheese, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella, Parmesan and seasoning; spoon into shells.
2. Mix sauce and tomatoes; spoon 1/2 into 13x9-inch baking dish. Add filled shells; top with remaining sauce. Cover.
3. 25 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining mozzarella; bake, uncovered, 2 min. or until melted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love Italian too!! That looks very yummy, and easy enough for a none chef, such as myself to try! Thanks! =)

new*me said...

I make stuffed shells for my family often and have lightened it up in the same way ;) Very yummy and I will try the dessert out for my son's b-day party this weekend....for any adults wishing to have a lighter option than cake.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket