Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Healthy You Challenge Week 28

Another update for the HYC! I am "happily maintaining" as I put it yesterday, and have not lost or gained since last weeks checkin.

Since exercise is the focus of this challenge for me, I can report that I have exercised 4 times. I honestly believe that this exercise helped me maintain my weight over the weekend with all the extra food. Friday-Sunday I woke up and worked out for at least 20 min before going out to a party, and this helped keep the focus on my goals.

Today I went out to a client site to meet some clients for a well known hardware company in the U.S. This is only the second time I have had to meet a client (most of the time it is the senior consultants who go), and this time, I felt good about meeting them in person. Last time I met a client, I was pretty overweight and was embarrassed that she would know what I really looked like. Silly and totally vain, but true. She had made a comment at one point that I "looked how I sounded on the phone" and wasnt sure how to interpret that. Today however, I went in to the meeting feeling confident and unashamed about my appearance. That definitely is a good feeling!

11 comments:

Teale said...

RYC: I don't even remember where I found the layout that I'm using, but I didn't have any troubles with it. I just copied/pasted the code, then put it in my blogger "edit layout/edit html" part. If you go to pyzam.com they also have really cute layouts for blogger.

Anonymous said...

Way to get those workouts in. People make crazy comments sometimes. Who knows?! You are beautiful. Keep up the great work.

Michelle said...

Add that to the list of ways not being fat changes our lives. I didn't even realize all the ways it was holding me back, psychologically and physically. Congrats on continuing to happily maintain.

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats on the exercise... and the new-found confidence! That is fantastic! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats - you're doing great!!

Tori Leslie said...

Congratulations on maintaining, that's sometimes harder than loosing.

Keep that exercise going, way to go, BRAVO!

Kathy said...

I'm sure you can be more effective on your job if you aren't self-conscious about your appearance. You deserve that...you've worked so hard.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Confident client meeting = huge NSV. Way to go!

Ready Maid said...

Wow, you do look amazing! And what's more, you and I are just about at the same point in our progress. I'll be sure to keep checking in to see how things are going for you. Gotta admit, though, I LOVE being in the 150's! Even better, I'm thrilled to be in the normal BMI zone for the first time in a long, long time!

I started at 210 on January 15, and am at 159 today. Let's keep it going!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on maintaining. You look AMAZING!
Path to Health

Ceres said...

I'm glad to hear about this professional, non-scale victory :-) Feeling great about your body will definitely reflect on your professional life! I haven't lost nearly as much weight as you, and I'm already feeling more confident in my daily interactions with people! What a great feeling!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket